Located at a distance of about 2 km from Railway Station on the northern side (left bank) of River Gomti in Sipha locality of Jaunpur city, U.P., India
Religious, Historical & ArchitecturalHow to reach
Take cycle rickshaw from any part of the city
The Jhinjhiri Mosque was built by Ibrahim Shah Sharqi in 1430, simultaneously with the construction of Atala and Khalis (Char Angul) Mosque. The locality where this mosque is situated was also established by Ibrahim Shah Sharqi. The mosque was completely destroyed by Sikandar Lodi and presently only central portion of the facade can only be appreciated. Many of the stone pieces of the mosque had been used in the construction of Akbari Bridge. Its arched pylon has screened like appearance, hence the name Jhinjhiri. It is a beautiful example of contemporary architecture.