Located at a distance of about 25 km from Allahabad on Allahabad-Rewa-Ghurpur road near Bhita village in Allahabad district, U.P., India
Sunrise-Sunset, opens on all days
Throughout the year, specially during the fair held one day before Deepawali
How to reach
The temple can be accessed by road, from Allahabad via Allahabad-Rewa (NH-27)-Ghurpur-Bhita road, then by boat to the temple
About 3.5 km from Iradatganj railway station on East Central railway line.
A rock 18 mts. in height can be seen lying erect in the course of River Yamuna. A temple of Sujavan Dev existed on the rock till 1645. Shaista Khan, Subedar of Allahabad, destroyed that in the same year and replaced it with octagonal canopy. An inscription in Persian on the walls of the canopy also confirms it. Later on Shivling was installed in the canopy. On the other side of the rock, idols of Pandavas are installed. A small statue of Buddha can also be seen near ghat. A Shiva temple 100 mts. from Sujavan Dev is also located on a mound.