Bhita Archaeological Site
Located in the west of Sujavan Dev, near Bhita Village at a distance of about 27 Km from Allahabad, district Allahabad, U.P., India
How to reach
The site is accessible by road from Allahabad via Allahabad-Rewa (NH-27)-Ghurpur-Bhita road.
3.5 Km from Iradatganj Railway Station (22 Km from Allahabad) on East Central railway line
Bhita is the place of archaeological importance on the bank of River Yamuna and sprawls over an area of 400 bighas, near the village of the same name. In the south west portion of the village, remains of a rectangular fort have been traced. Excavation of this site in the year 1909-10 & 1910-12 confirm the possibility of the place as a military base and business centre. Terracotta articles, earthenware, seals and a good number of idols were discovered during excavations. However, exhaustive excavation has not yet been taken up which may reveal many more historical facts about the site.